FAQ for the Rocky Mountain Christian Filmmakers & Acting Camps
-Updated August 2016-
1. How old do I have to be to attend? The Rocky Mountain Christian Filmmakers Camp is open to ages 16 and up.
2. When will registration for 2017 Camps open? We are currently working on scheduling the 2017 camp(s), as well as other exciting projects as we gear up for our 10th anniversary. Be sure to sign up for our email list to stay up to date on the latest information.
3. What airport should I fly into? If you are flying, please fly into Montrose, Colorado airport (MTJ). We will provide transportation for students flying into this airport only. We CANNOT pick you up from any other airport. Flight times into these airports are limited but do your best to plan your flight so that you arrive Sunday between noon and 4:00 p.m. if at all possible. The earliest we can get to the airport on Sunday is 12:30 p.m. so if you arrive earlier you will have to wait at the airport for us. Please take the Ministry Haven phone number with you (970-327-4380). The Montrose airport is very small so bring a good book to occupy your time if you will be arriving early.
Departing flights should be scheduled no earlier than 11 a.m. on Saturday. Please keep in mind that Montrose airport is a 1½ hour drive from Ministry Haven. Flights before 11 a.m. will mean a very early wake up call and missing breakfast. Please keep flights as close to noon (or later) as possible. Again, we realize that the flight choices are limited. Just do the best you can at keeping as close to these times as possible. Let us know if you are having difficulties with making the flight times work.
4. I’m driving, how do I get to Ministry Haven? For those who are driving, a map of how to get to Ministry Haven can be found on the ministry website under Accommodations. For Mapquest, Google Maps or GPS directions our physical address is 6 Woodstock Rd. If that address does not work use the old address of 1054 Woodstock Rd, Norwood, Colorado 81423 or 1054 CR Z42W. Be advised that the county changed the street addresses around here back in 2007 but not all mapping and GPS systems have the new address. The GPS coordinates of the Ranch are: 38º 07.780N 108º 19.053W. If driving, please plan on arriving between 1 – 6 p.m. on Sunday.
5. What is included in my registration fee? Your registration fee covers your training, and your lodging and food during the hands-on week. Meals include dinner the Sunday night you arrive, all meals during the week, and breakfast on your departure day.
6. What should I bring? Bring a Bible, personal toiletries, notebook, pens, flashlight, jacket, camera (still or video – we have awesome scenery!), hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, lip balm. Production will take place both inside and outside so plan accordingly. Bring a lightweight jacket or sweatshirt (or plenty of layers to keep you warm) just in case we happen to have a cold spell. Evenings are cool especially if you are used to a warmer climate. All bedding is provided so you don’t need to bring bedding (unless you prefer to bring your favorite pillow).
7. What’s the weather like? Ministry Haven is located at an elevation of 7,000 feet. Weather conditions vary widely throughout the year so be sure to check www.WeatherUnderground.com or www.Weather.com for conditions in Norwood, CO, 81423 before your trip. We recommend you bring clothes that can be layered (easily added or removed) as the temperature changes.
If you have any other questions feel free to call us at 970-327-4380 or email info@ChristianFilmmakersCamp.com.